6.16.2009

Weekend Review...

While visiting back home this weekend I was able to get together with one of my best friends on Saturday to search all over the city looking for some items for her new home. Here are some goodies we saw along the way. The first stop was new place she introduced me to call Consigning Interiors, located in Pelham, AL. With over 85 vendors, there is plenty to look through.
Our next stop was the Hoover Antique Gallery where she found the perfect shelf for her master bath {I should note that her new home is on Smith lake}.

I wouldn't have minded taking home this drafting table, scale, or large tin Coca Cola box.


The next location was called 'On a Shoestring'. I will say that I think this place has some wonderful treasures to be be found, but if you don't like small, narrow spaces, and dust, this wouldn't be your favorite spot. But I totally recommend checking it out, it has some pretty great finds {a whole room is devoted to jewelry}. We will be sure to visit again.


Our last stop {because all the others had closed} was Treasures, Antiques & Uniques. It is a cute little house in Cahaba Heights with a blend of new and antique items. I found two old ceiling tins at a great price {and of course forgot to photograph them}, and ended up leaving them at home. I can't wait for round two.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I must be in heaven I love everything!

Thank You Denise
Hull,Massachusetts
PS Forgot to mention an elderly shabby artisan,one of the first is having an estate sale her roses are heavenly.I took pics for her and posted on my blog with her contact information.

Unknown said...

Oh, what great finds! That green chest is amazing, everything you posted is! -e

Mommy Harris said...

Oh dern it I wish I was there! How much fun! I do love that kind of shopping, you never know what you can find!

Jennifer said...

totally didn't know about the first or the last! kudos to your friend!

JJ said...

i live really close to the 'on a shoestring' and it is an interesting little gem of a place! enjoyed seeing your pics of my local area!

paula said...

why have I not been to these places!

Alicia said...

The dusty place that everyone stays away from are my favorites. I'd say why but then I'd lose my foothold on the finds. :)
Seriously they hold the best bang for your buck!!!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I'm with Jennifer and Paula--- thanks for informing us about places in our town! I have been to the last place... it's not far from my office.

I LOVE those wire baskets from the Hoover Antique Gallery. Did you happen to look at the price tags? Just wondering... if I could swing purchasing a few- I might just head that way!

Tommy Bahama Bedding said...

Wow...what wonderful finds! I absolutely LOVE the 2nd & 3rd photos - beautiful pieces with tons of character :)

Lynne said...

Oh my goodness - those shops are a dream come true for me!